Team C's Devotional Sharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruth: Chapters 1 and 2 (John)

Go down

Ruth: Chapters 1 and 2 (John) Empty Ruth: Chapters 1 and 2 (John)

Post by teamc-jk Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:11 am

I stumbled upon this book salvaging through the OT and tried it out because I've yet to hear of it.

For back story, the book of Ruth has no known author and no named date of origin. Its a story about relationships b/w family members, nations, God and Israel.

Ruth has a persistence in which she refuses to give up easily and listen to others just because they say so. Verse 16, "But Ruth replied, "don't urge me to leave you or turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." This verse caught my attention because of the reference in the song I Will Follow by Chris Tomlin. I always love finding scripture that correlates with praise music, just makes it that much more genuine to really understand where these lyrics come from. I feel that if this is the verse that Tomlin used to match I Will Follow, it was pretty cool how Tomlin turned it from Ruth speaking to Naomi into the perspective of us as Christians directing the words to God. Smart choice, I can see the positive traits in Ruth that we should strive for, being hungry and faithful for/in God through perseverance and confidence.

Chapter 2 verse 10 was interesting, "she bowed down with her face touching the ground." Whether it be a sign of respect to the individual or just in general, you really can visualize this sense of respect for others in Ruth.

If anything, I'm just happy to be reading the Word again and hope to continue strong. I think each book in the Bible is a challenge in itself, especially ones that are very story and info based, but theres always something you can try to take from every page.

teamc-jk
Admin

Back to top Go down