Team C's Devotional Sharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 29 - Chapter Ten

2 posters

Go down

April 29 - Chapter Ten  Empty April 29 - Chapter Ten

Post by StephenRYUUUU Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Chapter Ten is mainly focused on the Ezekiel's description of the cherubim. These were the creatures that Ezekiel had saw in the beginning when God first came and spoke to Ezekiel. I'm having trouble as to understanding what these creatures are and the significance of them so I looked up what it was lol. Google describes them as some sort of angelic figures. I guess along with the description given, I an get that they are important servants to God (Maybe this is what angels look like lol). What I can tell is that they follow every command they are given from God and that God's glory rests above them. God's glory departed from the temple and went over the cherubim.
God commands the man clothed in linen to do two things in this chapter as well. First, to fill his hands with burning coals from the cherubim and scatter them over the city (Verse 2). The second, to take the fire from the cherubim.
Verse that stuck out to me the most was Verse 5: The sound of the wings of the cherubim could be heard as far away as the outer court, like the voice of God Almighty when he speaks.
For Ezekiel to describe the sounds of their wings as loud as God's voice I guess in some way amazes me. Their is authority and power in God's voice lol.
Weird but cool chapter cyclops

StephenRYUUUU

Back to top Go down

April 29 - Chapter Ten  Empty Re: April 29 - Chapter Ten

Post by James Sat May 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Immediately after I read verses one to five, I was reminded of Isaiah 6 as Isaiah had "seen" the LORD. Afterwards, he confesses his sins as he states that his lips are unclean and he lives in a land full of unclean lips. Then one of the seraphs flew to Isaiah with a live coal, touching his mouth and saying that his guilt is taken away and his sins are atoned. I think that a burning coal symbolizes judgment as the cherubim were commanded to scatter them over the city.
As the "glory of the LORD" departs from the temple, the temple is filled with a cloud - probably enclosing the glory or else Ezekiel probably would've been blinded.
Maybe this is a correlation to the "Son of Man coming down with the clouds of heaven" (Daniel 7) as it symbolizes enclosing the "glory of the LORD".
I'm starting to realize that the four faces of the cherubim symbolizes all the beasts of the earth, as John in revelation 4:7-8 reveals that the four living creatures praised the LORD day in and day out, never ceasing to say
"Holy, holy holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come."
These powerful illustrations are correlating to the throne in heaven and what a taste of heaven seems like, looks like, and sounds like.
To really visualize this for ourselves is a privilege in itself as we can start to develop an idea of infinite fellowship with the father - living in unity and harmony just as Adam and Eve did before they transgressed.

James
Admin

https://milalteamc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down